Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Making Art. The Quandary

The work of an artist is surely fraught with conflicting purpose. I love drawing, painting, writing, creating in general, but that purpose? yeah, pretty big sticking point. Do I really paint just for ME? How many pieces, framed in glass, painted large on deep canvases, do I amass in my studio, and for why? Because I like to make art? How much do I struggle to show, to sell, to "get rid" of this (what has now become) stuff? Do I donate it to a local charity (so it will sell for $20, or not sell so I may bring it home?) Do I lay it out flat on the driveway at the yard sale? give to to friends who someday may find a place for it in their home? or just allow it to continue to pile up? Do I paint work that "people will like and so it may sell"? (Shoot me now.) Or continue the exploration (and pile) of my own style and statement? Or do I just make car decals and greeting cards for fun.

Just finished 4'x6' acrylic Tennessee dog and Maui kitty for a good friend. There ya go.

Think I'll go read a book this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment