Tuesday, June 29, 2010

If I could dig straight down, I would eventually get to... . . . . China?

Nope.  I would get to the middle of the Indian Ocean, somewhere off the tip of the African continent.  Where would YOU show up?

StumbleUpon.com is a technological black hole.  Found this incredibly postmodern quote (above) by Jim Jarmusch, film director.  (Click on it and the quote becomes readable; I just had to include this stolen image because I liked it.)  This is the attitude we should be imbuing in art classrooms today.

2 comments:

  1. Great - That's going in my folder of inspiring nicknacks too - brilliant!

    BTW do you know Aki Kaurismaki's films? He's a good friend of Jarmusch and shares a lot in common stylistically and in terms of tempo and minimal dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be checking Aki Kaurismaki for sure!

    ReplyDelete