Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Feminist Art Project




In the process of writing my thesis, about postmodern art and postmodern art education, I am researching feminism in the visual arts. Of course, all I can find is feminist art completed by women. Shock. That surely says a bunch, although I suppose I see little ethnic art work done by members outside same ethnicity.
If you have any information for me, in this vein or other regarding feminists in the arts, please forward!
Call me crazy, but I'm writing a lesson plan about feminism, the goal- to be taught in secondary public art mixed gender classrooms. RAH! Looking for great ideas in this area also. I've got some (and am so excited) but am welcoming creative approaches~
Meanwhile, check out The Feminist Art Project link, and of course, don't miss visiting the Guerrilla Girls on occasion.
Or Art Women.
Or the Brooklyn Museum Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art.
Or The Good Wife's Guide.
Confused? Consult Feminism 101

Image by Fujiko Isomura. Story of Veranda - Nusumigiki 2002
Dutch metal, copper, & silver leaf, acrylics, colored pencils, shell matiere, and ink jet print on watercolor paper

No comments:

Post a Comment