Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blackboard Art



Ya gotta love the Dow Jones these days. Yeah... I'm a dead duck. Or bird anyway.

Back to the classroom. These are dedicated to ALL my kids!
MORE MORE more to come....
LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Come to the show at All Fired Up in January and erase these chalkboards, as you do so well, and write something new. (Keep it clean!) Better start thinking about how to customize these OHS style! Chalk is available.
(minor added detail: this work is all for sale.)



An ode to the classical. And I WILL get Veni spelled correctly, real soon, promise.

We've got this critter camping on our front lawn every night. Oh and yeah- I was born the year of the rabbit. Incredibly significant.

I found a paper wasp nest on our "shack" property, north of Chester. It had to go into a painting. Yeah- that is the real stuff.


A bicyclette in France. That's bee-jee-clet-tae

A basket of lemons from the Cinque Terra, Italy.

Want to read the statement I wrote for these?

A Math Problem
Add:
A teacher of 33 years with a winning ability to multi-task in a high school art room.
A personality with ADD (DDD squared.)
A conflicted artist who doesn't know if she should draw, design, or paint with acrylics, watercolor or pastel- or collage?!
A bibliophile and a writer.
Sum:
All that I am incapable of focusing on.
Evidence of all I am is contained in this body of work. Finally I have discovered the solution to this complicated math problem. Finally I can draw, paint, sculpt, scribble, rip, tear and burn, and play with words and complete two, or three paintings, all on one canvas- and all at the same time. An ADD dream. While working through this series, I have discovered how to compile all I am into a visual, mixed bag feast. Here is a taste of the blur, the chaos and the frenetic as produced in my studio.
Note about the Blackboards:
Please, scribble your own graffiti on a piece of your choosing. Prove that no piece is ever done. Prove that our interpretations can change dramatically with a simple stroke, letter, or word. Blackboards are for those of us who need to make our marks. To say: "I am." Join me in the joy of this simple task.
This is the work that will be at All Fired Up- mid February.

No comments:

Post a Comment