Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Art After Retirement

Boy oh boy. I'm thinking I need to go back to work....

Last June, 2008. Done with teaching at OHS. 33 years. I am SO missing the kids, the projects, the energy, the laughing. And I am so NOT missing the other 80% of what comes with any job. So what in the heck do I do? I sign up for the October Open Studios Tour, and paint and paint and paint. Pretty rough stuff, like not good. It'd been a long time I focused on painting for painting and not for lesson planning, for better or worse. I didn't sell anything as I shouldn't have; what hodge podge I can create! But I did finally narrow down and got focused- as focused as I can be anyway. Yeah, Ted, that ADD? Came from me.
THEN I presented at the California Art Educators' Conference in Burlingame. That was a rusH!- totally satisfying and exhilarating. Thanks to all my Studio Art kids for the lesson on Abstract Expressionism that I got to share! You are all so awesome! And thanks again to Ms Pat Macias for her help~
And NOW... it's my blackboard art. I have a show going up in All Fired Up, Broadway, Chico, at the beginning of January, 2009, and I am actually dang excited about it! So I'm sharing some of the stuff here. Hope my friends can come! Yep... you!

No comments:

Post a Comment