Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Not My Mission

...to go "green" or "organic" in any fragment of my life.  Yes, I consider the amount of garbage my family generates a day.  Yes, I think global warming is going to be the end of global life as we know it.  Yes, I avoid fast food restaurants at all costs.  However, I do not lose sleep over a taste treat tossed my way at a friends' house.  Until I read this article, which had me gagging as I read:
"The . . .  picture is what your raw chicken nuggets look like. And as if it wasn’t gross enough that the goo looks like strawberry ice cream, we then learned this:
  • The substance is called MSC, or mechanically separated chicken
  • It’s a sickening puree of the ENTIRE chicken including bones, eyes, feet, everything
  • It’s then treated with ammonia to destroy bacteria, and then because it tastes so bad, is mixed with artificial flavoring
  • And then dyed pink."
(from The Frisky at http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-trust-us-you-really-really-dont-want-to-eat-that-chicken-nugget/




On another note, my show at Upper Crust comes down on January 2 (sold six of twelve pieces!), at which time I'm off to new ventures.  Time to get these two books I have half done back on my desktop.  (Oh yeah, and two dogs, a cat, and a bird painting.  Forgot about that.)  I'm reinvigorated about making art for a number of venues again!  New ideas, new directions, new goals.... YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me???? That's chicken nuggets at some stage in the game????????? EWWW.

    ReplyDelete