Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Wisdom of Kids



I'm embarrassed to say that after the many years of teaching, I have yet to include my students' artwork on this blog. And I will further admit that they had some of the most profound statements, both in standard English and visually in art.
Find here some work by my Katie P. She is an incredibly happy little girl, but who walked into my class with a daily high school lament: "Today is the WORST day EVER!!" Somehow that sentiment didn't make it into much of her work, hence... happy!

3 comments:

  1. This kiddo makes me think of Sabrina Ward Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I not know you and yet feel we have some kindred soul thing. I had JUST noted that I need to check out this book called Spilling Over, by who knows, and then you send me this note. Too weird.

    ReplyDelete